Questions about shipping
Shipping is free if your order is worth R1,000 or more. If your order is less than R1,000, shipping will be R99 and will be added to your order at checkout.
All our orders are shipped from our warehouse in Westville, Durban KZN.
If you live in a normal town or city, your order should be delivered to your door within 3 days of dispatch.
Please allow 5 days if you are in an outlying area.
We only ship orders locally in South Africa. There are some rare cases that we have shipped internationally but please do reach out to our team via email at email@example.com for more information.
Questions about returns
We offer a 30-day money-back guarantee. If for any reason you are unhappy with the product, simply return it to its original condition for a full refund.
To make a claim under the warranty, please send us the details along with your order number to firstname.lastname@example.org..za
Depending on the situation, we may ask for the item to be returned prior to a refund.
To return it by hand, or by courier, please request the return address via WhatsApp or email.
All product comes with a warranty. If your product breaks under normal use, simply return it for a replacement.
To make a claim under the warranty, please send us the details along with your order number to email@example.com.
Depending on the situation, we may ask for the item to be returned.
To return it by hand, or by courier, please request the return address via whatsapp or email.
Questions about payments
We accept South African EFT/bank transfers. Simply choose the "EFT" payment method when you check out. You will receive our banking details and an order number when you have completed your checkout. You will also receive an email with all the details you need to make a payment for your order.
Please allow 1-2 working days for your payment to clear if you are paying from any bank other than FNB. Payments from FNB accounts will clear immediately.
You can pay for your order using any major debit or credit card using PayFast payment gateway. Simply select the "PayFast" payment method when checking out and follow the prompts.
Card payments clear instantly, allowing us to send your order out quickly.
You can pay for your order in 4 interest-free payments by selecting the PayFlex payment option at checkout.
If approved, your order will be sent immediately, and you can enjoy your products while paying them off, interest-free!
Questions about the ROCKETSTOVE+
The ROCKETSTOVE+ is designed to be versatile and accommodate various fuels. While charcoal can be used as a fuel, there are several reasons why wood might be preferable:
Efficiency: Rocket stoves are specifically designed to maximize the efficiency of the combustion process. When using dry wood, the stove can reach its optimal performance, producing a hotter and more consistent flame.
Heat and Flame Production: Wood, especially when dry and properly processed, tends to produce taller flames and more heat than charcoal. This can be particularly advantageous for cooking tasks that require higher temperatures or direct flame contact.
Airflow: The design of the ROCKETSTOVE+ is optimized for the airflow characteristics of burning wood. Charcoal, while it does burn, may not produce the same vigorous draft or airflow as wood, potentially affecting the stove's performance.
Absolutely not!! The BraaiPlank ROCKETSTOVE+ has been specifically designed to be very stable. It isn't "top-heavy" in any way. Thanks to its unique structure, it boasts an extremely solid base to ensure it remains steady even when you're cooking with heavy pots.
That being said, always make sure that you have placed your RCOKETSTOVE+ on a flat surface.
The ROCKETSTOVE+ was originally designed to be used with potjie pots. We recommend using a size 3 pot and up. You can use a size 2 potjie pot but some pot's leg spacing varies and not all fit snugly over the ROCKETSTOVE+ shoot.
Alternatively, you can also use any woks, pans, cast iron pots and even a pizza oven on top of the ROCKETSTOVE+.
Questions about the BraaiPlank
Maintaining your wooden chopping board is crucial for ensuring its longevity and ensuring a safe food preparation environment. Here's how to maintain it, including the application of food-grade mineral oil:
1. Cleaning After Use:
- After each use, gently scrub the wooden board using mild soap and warm water. Avoid soaking the board as prolonged exposure to water can cause the wood to warp.
- Use a soft brush or cloth to remove food particles.
- Rinse thoroughly and pat dry with a towel. Then, allow it to air dry fully by standing it upright to ensure both sides dry evenly.
2. Deep Cleaning (as needed):
- For deeper cleaning, sprinkle coarse salt over the board's surface.
- Using half a lemon (cut side down), scrub the board to remove deeper stains and food particles.
- Rinse and dry as mentioned above.
3. Disinfecting (occasionally):
- To disinfect, mix a solution of one part vinegar with five parts water and wipe the surface of the board. This solution can help eliminate bacteria without using harsh chemicals.
4. Applying Food Grade Mineral Oil:
- Once the board is clean and fully dry, it's time to apply the mineral oil.
- Pour a small amount of food-grade mineral oil onto the board.
- Using a soft cloth, rub the oil in the direction of the grain.
- Ensure an even coat on all surfaces, including the sides and bottom.
- Let the board sit for several hours or overnight to allow the oil to penetrate the wood fully.
- Wipe off any excess oil with a clean cloth.
5. Regular Maintenance:
- It's advisable to oil your board once a month or whenever it appears dry or dull. This prevents the wood from drying out and cracking over time.
6. Avoiding Damages:
- Avoid exposing your board to extreme temperatures or moisture.
- Don't place it in a dishwasher as the intense heat and prolonged moisture can warp or split the wood.
By regularly cleaning and oiling your wooden chopping board with food-grade mineral oil, you'll preserve its functionality and beauty for years to come.