Maintaining your BraaiPlank is essential.
Not only will it help it last longer, it will also give your BraaiPlank a beautiful aged dark wood look over time.
NOTE: For this guide you will need our BraaiPlank Maintenance Mineral Oil. Do not use ANY other oils as they will go rotten over time and make your BraaiPlank smell funny. Click here to get your BraaiPlank Maintenance Mineral Oil.
That’s what makes the BraaiPlank so special, the longer you keep it the better it looks.
As with any other authentic wooden cutting board, if your plank is not cleaned and maintained properly, there is a higher risk that it will warp and crack.
To keep the quality of your BraaiPlank it needs to be washed straight after use and maintained at-least once per month.
- To Clean your BraaiPlank:
- Give it a quick scrub in hot soapy water.
- Do not leave your plank soaking in water, it will cause it to warp and crack.
- Dab a dry cloth in our BraaiPlank mineral oil, spread it over the entire surface of the BraaiPlank. Make sure you get into all the nooks and crannies.
- Clean after every use.
- To Maintain your BraaiPlank:
- Make sure your plank is as dry and as clean as possible. *You can give it a quick scrub with lemon and salt if you want to make sure it’s clean.
- Soak a dry cloth in our BraaiPlank mineral oil. Get our mineral oil here.
- Wipe a thick even layer of mineral oil all over the BraaiPlank. Get into all the nooks and crannies!
- Leave the mineral oil to soak in overnight.
- Wipe off the excess oil in the morning.
- Maintain at-least once per month.
And that’s it.
Just to be clear, follow step 1 every time you use your plank, and step 2 at least once per month.
- Do not use any other oil apart from mineral oil. Mineral Oil is specifically used because it does not go rancid (rotten) over time.
- Do not put raw meat or fish on your BraaiPlank. Our plank is a starter board, carving board and a plate. It is designed to be eaten from.